Leaps and Bounds Physical Education Programme
Based on an award-winning Sports Programme from the USA, Leaps & Bounds is a highly active physical education programme that provides children with fun yet developmentally appropriate activities to strengthen their fundamental movement skills and build stamina. They learn and play with hula hoops, jumping ropes, beanbags, racquets, parachute and balls, to improve hand-eye coordination and manipulative skills such as throwing, catching and dribbling. Fun exercises such as stretching, balancing, dancing, and parachute games are included in the programme.
In addition to promoting healthy lifestyles, the focus of Leaps & Bounds Programme is to develop basic movement, manipulative, social, and personal skills at an early age.
Through the participation in our Programme, children will:
• Develop a variety of basic movement and manipulative skills.
• Improve academic achievement with cognitive development.
• Develop the ability to get along with others in movement environments (e.g., share space and equipment, be a good sport, and demonstrate cooperative behaviour).
• Enjoy and seek out physical activity.
• Develop and maintain acceptable levels of physical fitness.
We partner with BearyFun Gym, an established school that specialises in preschool gymnastics programme for the past 12 years, to provide gymnastics programme for preschoolers aged between 18 months to 6 years old.
The programme aims to develop the enthusiasm for physical activity and promote all-round physical development in the children.
The curriculum focuses on developing the children’s locomotor development, muscular strength, flexibility, body stability and coordination.